Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Check Check!

Well, today was a very productive one for the Rasmussen-Aydel wedding!  Or is it Aydel-Rasmussen?  Hmm...

Ty got home from work around 12:40 and I had him in the car by 1:00 and headed to Starbucks in Issaquah to meet with Dwight.  Dwight is one of the Supervisors I work with at Costco (you know, the ones with the red vests?) and he also used to be a pastor!  I knew Dwight was an awesome dude before I knew he could get people hitched.  I was praying and praying that Ty would like him, and he did!  So we are going with him!  We have 4 pre-marital "meetings" with him to plan the ceremony exactly how we want it, and to learn about how to make our marriage as successful as possible.

After that we dashed on over to a Starbucks in Bellevue to meet with Dan from Emerald City Productions.  We were early so we waited in the lot and Ty napped.  A drop dead gorgeous shiny red Lotus parked next to us and I stared at it for a few minutes and then we went in.... Oh, weird the guy we were meeting was the guy who got out of the Lotus.... you think his DJ business does well?  We loved him too.  He actually lives on the ridge (where the wedding is) and has done dozens of weddings at our exact location and has worked closely with the staff there many times.  He showed us pictures of lighting options that I fell in love with.  He can make the whole room any shade of purple that I want.  And we are getting our initials monogrammed in light on the dance floor.  SO EXCITED!  I would be happy with just that, but he does music too!  We can access our playlist online and put songs on there we definitely want played and definitely do not want played.  http://emeraldcityproductions.net/  Even better, check out their facebook to see some of their lighting options.  Emerald City Productions LLC

So I just got done emailing those two, letting them know that they are on board the crazy train that this wedding is sure to be!  Ty has been passed out in bed for over an hour.  I think I tired the poor guy out!  He is such a good groom!  No complaints about being a part of the planning, and spending half a day at a time doing wedding stuff.  Now I just need to get him working on groomsmen attire (and his own attire mind you). 

Next wedding stuff on the agenda is our menu and timeline planning with Nelliena on the 26th, as well as engagement pictures (finally).  Some small tidbits for some of my ladies:

Em: Did you get my facebook message?  I am so excited to get these save the dates out!  I am wondering if you think 4x6 is a good, doable size, and if you think it will work to just put some pretty writing over a picture and print it out just like it's a normal 4x6 pic.  If so, I am gonna buy envelopes and stamps and start addressing them.  Are you coming home any time soon?  I feel like I haven't seen you in forever!

Kirimi/Charlotte: I'm wondering if maybe we could find some time to hit up a couple of stores while you are in town this weekend to check out some flower girl dresses.  How the heck do you figure out what size she's gonna be in 6 months?  I guess people who work at these places know what to do.  Maybe we could go to the place I got my dress and look (and maybe check out my dress while we're there), as well as David's bridal because I know I saw one there that I liked. 

Trish: Just wanted to say I had so much fun with you while you were in town, and thanks for sending me that amazing list of websites to check out.  I love the sash idea for the bridesmaids, but I'm wondering if it's something I could ask Lauren to help me make. 

Lauren: See Trish's comment.  How easy was it to make those sashes for your bridesmaids dresses?  I wonder how much it cost?  The cheapest Trish found at Davids' bridal was 15 per sash, and I really don't want you guys spending any more money than necessary, since the dresses were so much.


Alrighty you guys that's pretty much it!  Here is a link to my under construction wedding website that I want to put on our save the dates/invitations.  Let me know what you think!

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/caseyaydel&tyrasmussen

3 comments:

  1. I love your wedding site and am so glad everything is coming together so smoothly! I feel like I haven't seen you in forever too, but I'm not sure when I'll be home next :( I'll keep you posted!

    I got your FB message but I was in TX with shoddy Internet until yesterday. Responding now! I'm worried that a 4x6 might be too small for everything we want to put on it, but I'll have to play around with it and see.

    And I LOVE the photos of Emerald City Productions on FB. So cool and fun! Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just now saw your update- I'm still so bummed that we didn't get to do any dress shopping, but it was SO much fun to see you this weekend! We did accomplish a lot- drinks at the house, drinks at the pub, pedicures, Word on the Street at 2am, a highly entertaining trip to Starbucks, a visit to the Snoqualmie, a visit to your apartment...so fun!! Next visit we are definitely making some dress appointments! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS- I did not mean to say "the Snoqualmie" FYI...you know what I mean :-)

    ReplyDelete