Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!!

Sorry, the holidays have been hectic and my focus has not been on this blog!  I will be better :)

As you guys know, I picked out the bridesmaids dresses and I think almost all of you have already taken care of it!  I hope you guys don't need too many alterations or anything, and be on the look out for cute purple shoes.  I'm thinking I want two or three different styles for you guys to choose from, but from the same brand or whatever so that they are exactly the same color and material.  But I don't really care, you guys can wear vans if you want...that's probably what I'm gonna wear.  :)

I picked out my dress and got my measurements sent in to the designer and it should be ready for my first round of alterations in April.  So excited!  It has pockets!  Just like your dresses do!!

Ty asked Gregory and his mom Kim if he'd be willing to be our ringbearer.  She said yes!  So now we have our flower girl and ringbearer all picked out.  I also have an officiant in mind, one of my coworkers used to be a minister and he's really awesome.  We will hopefully be meeting with him soon for an interview.

We had our first major meeting with our wedding planner earlier this month and we covered floor plan, wedding party, and other stuff that got Ty really excited...haha.  He actually admitted to enjoying the meeting, and it got us really excited to work on everything.  Before our January 22nd tasting we are supposed to have chosen our photographer, DJ, my makeup and hair girls, and officiant.  We haven't really worked on that much, except for I met the girl who is doing Trish's makeup and really liked her so I'll probably go with her.

We are going to have to book our rooms for the bachelorette party asap so let us know if you guys will be able to go.  I think Kylie and Kandi are going to be working on that.  I hope you guys can make it!  I know it will be hard for you out-of-state girls, but I understand if you can't make it work.

K, well not much more to update you guys with for now, but I'll get back on here asap.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited that Kirimi and I finally got our dresses! And I think the plan for shoes is great—that way everyone will be happy choosing which ever style they prefer. I can't WAIT to see your dress in person!

    Your wedding planner really seems to be on the ball early. It will be so nice to know you've got all of this stuff taken care of as you get closer to the big day!

    I'll keep you posted on the bachelorette party. I SO want to be there, but since I'm graduating in June, I have no idea where I'll be or what I'll be doing. That's a scary thought!

    Save-the-dates are in the works. I love the postcard idea with the photo you picked out, and I'll have something to show you ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of picking out a couple different options for shoes- can't wait to see what you pick!

    I am also SO glad to have gotten my bridesmaid dress- it's so fun and I love the pockets! :-) Charlotte is itching to get her dress, although it's going to be SO tough getting her to understand the fact that it won't be a play dress until AFTER the wedding :-)

    It's exciting to know that things are moving along, let me know what I can help with! And what weekend is the bachelorette party happening?

    Thanks again for coming to see us during our visit, I miss you already. Love ya lots,

    K

    ReplyDelete