Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Venue: CHECK!

It's official, we have decided that we are going with the Snoqualmie Ridge Golf Course for the wedding! Both the ceremony and reception will be held on Friday, September 23rd, 2011!  I can't believe it, I finally have a date!  We go in to sign the papers and put down our deposit on Saturday and I am SO excited!  Now that I have this out of the way, I am totally in planning mode.  I can't wait to search for the perfect florist, DJ, officiant, etc.  I'm super bummed that Tricia (Kirimi and Emily's cousin) can't do the photography.  It will definitely be hard to find someone I like even half as much as her. 

Trish will be in town starting December 18th for a whole month, and it looks like that is the weekend that Claire will be able to get up here too!  I am going to schedule a couple of dress appointments for that following Sunday for all who are interested in tagging along.  After Claire goes back home, I will be focusing most of the rest of the month on Trish's wedding (in case you didn't know I'm her maid of honor too!).  Trish and I realized the other day that she will officially be my "Matron of honor" since she will technically be married at the time of my wedding.  I laughed b/c she is younger than me, and that hardly seems like an appropriate term to describe her, but I am SO going for it :)  Now people will stop saying "wait you have TWO maids of honor??  That's unheard of!!!"  Actually, one's a matron!  Haha

Ty and I found an apartment and we will be moving in December 1st if all goes well.  I'm very excited to finally be living with the kid, even though it will make my commute to work a little longer....it's in Buckley.  That's right, I'm gonna be that token redneck friend that you always wanted but never could find in Sammamish.  All are invited to the Logger's Rodeo next summer...ooooh bachelorette party idea!!!!  Haha.  But really though, I can't wait to start our own little household together.  Hopefully I'll be able to stop all my annoying habits by then, like throwing my clothes everywhere.  That probably won't fly.

Anyway, I just wanted to make sure you all save that date NOW!  9/23/11!  Don't forget and be early! :)

2 comments:

  1. Awesome, so excited! Let me know if there's anything I can do from afar to help with the planning...I'll let you know ASAP if we can be around the weekend of the 18th, I'd love to do some dress shopping with you and meet the rest of the girls.

    Glad you found an apartment that will work for you, that's exciting! I'm totally already thinking of housewarming gifts :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won't be around December 18th (just as the rest of your out-of-state bridesmaids arrive, I'll be heading down to CA to visit Greg's fam.. Bummer!), but we should plan a day to catch up while we check out invite and save-the-date ideas!

    Can't wait to see the new apartment, and I'm so happy that you and Ty found a place that will work for both of you :)

    ReplyDelete