Monday, October 25, 2010

A Very Important Date!

Let me start out by saying that if at any point I show any signs of becoming Bridezilla I will be pissed if one of you guys don't smack me.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nFDnC8SSWQ (fast forward to 1:35) Seriously.

Ok, so it's seriously time for me to start figuring this ish out.  Here's what I'm thinking...and tell me what you guys think (for example if there's no way it would work for you to be there)

I'm really thinking about going back to school in October to get a Masters in Teaching.  I mean, Costco's great and everything, but do I really wanna be a lifer?  Most of the lifers there are not how I picture myself in 20 years.  I feel like teaching and I would go well together.  But ANYWAY,

Since that starts in October, and will be every Saturday (that way I can continue working at Costco so Ty and I don't have to split a packet of Ramen for our one meal a day) I figure September would be the best time for us to tie the knot.  Which means, I better get my booty in gear if I'm gonna find a place that isn't booked.  So I am dreading going from place to place checking it all out, getting pricing, seeing if they have anything available, etc.  Plus, how many indoor venues can there be that will accomodate 300 people?  Ugh, Kirimi and Em why couldn't your parents addition to the house be a teensy bit bigger? 

Notes for you guys:

All of you:  If you come across any cute short purple bridesmaidish dresses take note of them for me.  I'm thinking dark purple, mainly b/c I feel like light purple might wash out my more pigmentally-challenged maids(cough, Lauren).  It has to be from a place that can be accessed in WA, OR, and CO so keep that in mind.  Kirimi is "surprising me" with a slideshow, so if you guys have any old or recent pics...get in touch with her.  At this point I will recommend becoming facebook friends with each other :)

Trish: How's school?  Have you been up for air?  Is there anything I need to do for you before you get home in December?  Have you thought more about what you wanna do for your bachelorette party? Ok, I guess I better just call you haha.  Love you!

Emily: How would you feel about designing save-the-dates and invitations?  Something that goes with the purple theme (I'm thinking charcoal too?)  You would know better than I.  I really want to make my invites, and I know how busy you are so I totally don't expect you to sit there cutting and gluing with me.  But if you can come up with something super awesome that isn't too difficult for little old me to elmers glue together ;) I think that would be awesome!  Please don't stress over it though.  Get your work and homework done first.  And hang out with Greg too.  Love you!

Kirimi: Sorry about Charlotte :(  I feel so bad!  I should have gone and given her a kiss or something.  I'm thinking about coming down the weekend of the 6th (Ducks vs. Huskies).  Are you and Jon going to the game?  Let me know what your plan is.  I kinda do wanna be surprised with the slideshow so I'm leaving it for you if you are really up for it.  I'm sure Kandi would love to help with pics from Ty's side of things.  Love you!

Lauren:  What are you doing on Saturday?  You might be recruited to get dragged around with me.  I still wanna look at dresses in Tacoma.  Do you know of any places from Katie?  When is her wedding by the way?  I feel like it should have happened by now, but I haven't freakin talked to you in forever.  I NEED YOU!  Love you!

Claire: Work on your poem.  Also, you are the queen of bridesmaids dresses so start searching.  I'm thinking puffy sleeves and multiple bows.  Can you think of anything else you could help with from afar?  Love you!

Delaney: Congrats on finishing driver's ed.  I'm taking you with me next time I try on dresses on a weekend k?  If you wanna help with something you can start gathering addresses from relatives.  I think dad will have a lot of them, but some might need to be gotten on facebook.  Once you get them, don't lose them! Love you!

Kylie: You will probably be dragged on a few location searches as well.  Are you busy Saturday?  Is that freaknight?  Let me know if you'd be able to go look at a few hotels in Bellevue that day (earlier in the day obviously) Love you!

Thank you guys for putting your two cents in on the last post.  I think this will definitely be an awesome way of keeping in touch with each other.  I can post pics, and links, and announcements when I finally do start figuring stuff out!  Love you all!

4 comments:

  1. Of course I will design your save-the-dates and invitations! And menus and thank yous and whatever else you might need for the big day. I'll start gathering ideas now, and maybe we can get together with a few cocktails in December (I'll finally be home for more than two days!) to nail down some specifics.

    And I'll definitely help cut and glue!

    Love that you're thinking of going back to school too. I want to hear more about this, so you better get your butt down here for the Ducks game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Casadia, how I love you.

    I will keep my eyes peeled for bridesmaid dresses- next time I'm up can we please do some window shopping?

    I definitely don't want to step on any toes, so if someone else had their heart set on doing the slideshow, I'd love to help! If not, I am SUPER excited to work on this (I'm not gonna lie, I've already started) :-)

    Oh and Jon has to go to the Ducks game with his boss, but Charlotte and I are gonna watch it at Greg's apartment with my parents, Em and Greg, and Greg's parents whilst eating chili and drinking delicious beers. You should definitely join us! (And don't forget about the cookie/wine party in December!)

    Let me know if I can help with anything, love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooo now that I finally figured this whole blog thing out I am super excited, great idea!! (I am obviously the ditz of the group! hehe) Anyways, I think I have to work Saturday but it's not for sure...if not then I would LOVE to go searching with you:-)I too will keep looking for dresses being that sort of thing is right up my ally! Also, I have started to look at a few places for the Bachelorette Party(WHOOOO!!!!)...My mom and I were possibly thinking Chelan for a weekend in late August but that is just an idea...I don't want to jump to conclusions until I get everyone's feedback:)If anyone else has any suggestions definitely let me know. I know it seems a little soon but usually you have to book those places pretty far in advance!
    Hugs--Kylie

    ReplyDelete